Cat Allergies: Tips To People
Most of the people think that a cat’s fur is the reason to cause cat allergies, but in fact, the saliva, urine, and hair are causing allergies. Fel D1 is the protein that is produced by these allergens, and it will be on the cat’s skin. When grooming, cats spread this protein through their fur, and this allergen will deposit into the environment. Purina Institute’s new development is assuring to offer some relief to the person with cat allergies. Researchers have developed a method to reduce the allergen levels in the cat’s saliva, Fel d1. It reduces the levels of the protein, which are released into the environment. These allergens create a big problem for the cat owners. Therefore, these owners will maintain some limits to interact with the cats. Their discovery has the possibility of managing with cat allergies.
Fel d1 is transferred to the skin or hair while grooming. Allergens release into the environment. No matter of cat’s breed, age, hair, length, sex, and weight, this protein is produced by all the cats. It can causes up to 95 percent of allergies to humans.
Purina Institute’s researchers are trying to neutralize the allergens that present on the cat’s skin and fur. It is by blending an egg product. It contains anti-Fel d1 into the diets of the cat. By building off these allergen antibodies, allergies can be reduced.
Symptoms Of Cat Allergies In People
Check out some of the signs in people with cat allergies that can range from mild to severe
- Sneezing often
- Running nose
- Itchy and red eyes
- Skin rashes
Tips To Help A Person
When someone has cat allergies, then he or she needs to take some precautions if they are staying with a cat lover and a cat. These cat allergies for some people can range up to severe chronic allergies. However, some people can remain with cats if they have allergies. Check out these tips to help a person having allergies.
- Brush the cat every day. Therefore, you can get rid of loose hair and dander. It helps in reducing the allergens and dander that fly around the home. If you groom every day, then the cat reduces to salivate his fur or skin.
- Never use soft fabrics in your home when you live with your cat. These fabrics can include carpets, furniture that covers with fabrics and curtains. Try to use some hard surfaces in your home to clean your house quickly.
- Cat allergies should change clothes and need to shower before going to bed when living with cats. It is an essential step to reduce some cat allergies symptoms.
- Offer a bed or blanket to your cat to trap your cat’s fur or dander.
- Keep some cat-free areas in your home to avoid danger. By keeping cat-free areas, cat allergic persons can be helpful.
- Always vacuum your home with the help of a vacuum cleaner. It can help in not spreading the dander over more places in your home.