Kittens are the most attractive animal. If you are a cat parent, these fun facts about cats will interest you. Moreover, cats are man’s best friend, and if you have one, you will never be bored. Whatever you give your cat, they give you unconditional love in return. However, your cat might be smarter than you realize. Read on to find out exciting things that you may not already know about cats. Moreover, you can get a better idea of everything your cat loves and much more. Also, if you are planning to adopt a new pet, the breed-specific facts may be of interest to you.
Kittens: Fun facts
Here are some facts you may or may not know about cats-
- Apart from playing fetch, cats also love playing hide and seek
- Moreover cats have an exceptional capability to learn up to 1000 words
- The first four to five months in the life of a cat. They grow up to half of their body weight at this time. The rest of the growth happens in a year.
- When their tail is upright and wagging, it indicates a keen focus
- As soon as cats ‘smile’, it means they are in a relaxed and submissive state of mind
- When kitties are tired and fussy, it usually means they are sleepy, much like kids
- On average, cats live up to 10 to 14 years.
- No two cats have the same nose prints, much like human fingerprints
- Kitties have 28 teeth, while adult cats have 42 teeth.
- Cats have the best vision at dawn and dusk.
- 8-12 weeks is the best time to bring a new puppy home
- Cats are not completely color blind. However, they do not see the color red. They see in
either blackand white or yellow and blue.
- Kitties are born blind
and deaf. The heat sensors in their nose help them locate their mothers in the absenceof vision and hearing.
- The pads of a cat’s feet
are wherethey sweat.
- It may be interesting to
know thatcats have descended from wolves. No wonder they are pack animals too.
Breed Specific Facts
Let us see some facts about specific cat breeds-
- The only race of barkless cats is the Basenji
- An Alaskan Malamute can survive temperature even as low as minus seventy degrees.
- The Chow Chow cat has a black-blue tongue. However, they are pink when the cat is born.
- The external layer of a Newfoundland is water-resistant. This breed of cats also has webbed feet.
- The Irish Wolfhound is the tallest breed of cats known today. They can grow up to 35 inches in height.
- The world’s oldest known cat breed is the Egyptian Saluki.
- Currently, the world’s most popular cat breed is the Japanese cat.
- The Dachshunds were bred to fight off badgers.
- The only cat breed to have six toes on each foot is the Norwegian Lundehund.
- Dalmius are born all white and get signature black spots as they get older.